develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from March 2018

Re: Failed: PAUSE indexer report AYOUNG/Dist-Zilla-Plugin-Test-Legal-0.03.tar.gz

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
March 5, 2018 13:21
Re: Failed: PAUSE indexer report AYOUNG/Dist-Zilla-Plugin-Test-Legal-0.03.tar.gz
Message ID:
EF583665-B7B4-4448-8EBD-204F6880EA1E@cogendo.com
Hi Alan,

> It's been a few years since I pushed anything to PAUSE ... do I need
> to update/fix something?

When you get a message like this, you just need to force a re-index of the release. You do this via the PAUSE web interface: select “Force Reindexing” in the sidebar, then click on the checkbox next to the release that you want to reindex.

I’ll trigger it on your behalf, following this email; in future you’ll know how to do it yourself.

> From: PAUSE <upload@pause.perl.org>
> Date: Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 10:04 PM
> Subject: Failed: PAUSE indexer report AYOUNG/
> Dist-Zilla-Plugin-Test-Legal-0.03.tar.gz
> To: alansyoungiii@gmail.com, andreas.koenig.gmwojprw+pause@franz.ak.mind.de
>

> The following report has been written by the PAUSE namespace indexer.
> Please contact modules@perl.org if there are any open questions.
>
>  User: AYOUNG (Alan Young)
>  Distribution file: Dist-Zilla-Plugin-Test-Legal-0.03.tar.gz
>  Number of files: 42
>  *.pm files: 1
>  README: Dist-Zilla-Plugin-Test-Legal-0.03/README
>  META-File: Dist-Zilla-Plugin-Test-Legal-0.03/META.json
>  META-Parser: Parse::CPAN::Meta 1.4414
>  META-driven index: no
>  Timestamp of file: Thu Mar  1 04:57:46 2018 UTC
>  Time of this run: Thu Mar  1 05:04:18 2018 UTC
>
> Status of this distro: Database error
> =====================================
>

> The following packages (grouped by status) have been found in the distro:

>     module : Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Test::Legal
>     version: undef
>     in file: Dist-Zilla-Plugin-Test-Legal-0.03/lib/Dist/Zilla/Plugin/Test/Legal.pm
>     status : The PAUSE indexer could not store the indexing result in
>             the DB due the following error: C< Lock wait timeout
>             exceeded; try restarting transaction >. Please report the
>             case to the PAUSE admins at modules@perl.org.
>
> __END__
>

> --
> Alan Young

Cogendo

T: +44 7880 741899
W: www.cogendo.com
M: neil.bowers@cogendo.com <mailto:neil.bowers@cogendo.com>

Cogendo is the trading name of Cogendo Limited, Registered in England & Wales, company no. 8944534.
Registered office: 51 West Street, Marlow, Buckinghamshire. SL7 2LS.