develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from August 2017

Re: PAUSE permissions clash between URPM and urpm [TVIGNAUD]

From:
Thierry Vignaud
Date:
August 23, 2017 04:32
Re: PAUSE permissions clash between URPM and urpm [TVIGNAUD]
Message ID:
CAONrEtatJVme8os14T8WxBrhG_-+WX0hoBKYz38cXWgS2URKhw@mail.gmail.com
On 22 August 2017 at 20:28, Neil Bowers <neil.bowers@cogendo.com> wrote:
> I’m one of the PAUSE admins. I’m working through tidying up permissions
> conflicts that have been caused by the fact that PAUSE now consider package
> names case insensitively (due to case-insensitive filesystems, as on Windows
> and MacOS X). PAUSE doesn’t let these situations occur now, but we have some
> historical cases. I’m sorting these out so that we don’t need code in the
> toolchain for dealing with permissions conflicts.
>
> You have first-come permissions on both URPM and urpm.
>
> URPM is not listed in the CPAN Index.
> urpm is listed against T/TV/TVIGNAUD/urpmi-7.9.tgz (this isn’t the latest
> release, but I suspect it’s not being properly indexed because of the
> permissions clash)
>
> From a permissions point of view these are now treated as the same by PAUSE,
> and these two different modules can’t both be installed at the same time on
> Windows or MacOSX.

URPM uses librpm and only support Linux so we don't care about Windows
or MacOSX here.

> Can you rename one of the modules please, so we can then drop the
> permissions on either URPM or urpm, to resolve the conflict?

That would disrupt quite some tools varying from linux installer to
various tools manipulating RPM packages
See you