develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from August 2017

PAUSE permissions clash between URPM and urpm [TVIGNAUD]

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
August 22, 2017 18:28
Subject:
PAUSE permissions clash between URPM and urpm [TVIGNAUD]
Message ID:
81BF85B8-4B0C-40A7-B596-820905AEE077@cogendo.com
Hi Thierry,

I’m one of the PAUSE admins. I’m working through tidying up permissions conflicts that have been caused by the fact that PAUSE now consider package names case insensitively (due to case-insensitive filesystems, as on Windows and MacOS X). PAUSE doesn’t let these situations occur now, but we have some historical cases. I’m sorting these out so that we don’t need code in the toolchain for dealing with permissions conflicts.

You have first-come permissions on both URPM and urpm.

URPM is not listed in the CPAN Index.
urpm is listed against T/TV/TVIGNAUD/urpmi-7.9.tgz (this isn’t the latest release, but I suspect it’s not being properly indexed because of the permissions clash)

From a permissions point of view these are now treated as the same by PAUSE, and these two different modules can’t both be installed at the same time on Windows or MacOSX.

Can you rename one of the modules please, so we can then drop the permissions on either URPM or urpm, to resolve the conflict?