develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from December 2016

PAUSE & CPAN conflict between MP3::TAG::ID3v1 and MP3::Tag::ID3v1[ILYAZ, THOGEE]

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
December 21, 2016 21:47
Subject:
PAUSE & CPAN conflict between MP3::TAG::ID3v1 and MP3::Tag::ID3v1[ILYAZ, THOGEE]
Message ID:
B1FD62FE-1FA3-4380-AAFE-285ABE365120@cogendo.com
Hi Thomas & Ilya,

I’m one of the PAUSE admins, and I’m working through tidying up permissions conflicts that have been caused by the fact that PAUSE now consider package names case insensitively (due to case-insensitive filesystems, as on Windows and MacOS X). PAUSE doesn’t let these situations occur now, but we have some historical cases. I’m sorting these out so that we don’t need code in the toolchain for dealing with permissions conflicts.

Thomas (THOGEE) has first-come permissions on MP3::TAG::ID3v1 (which was released as part of tagged 0.1 in 2000), and on MP3::Tag::ID3v1 (which was released as part of MP3-Tag 1.13 by ILYAZ in September 2016). Ilya has co-maint on both packages.

I suspect that the right way to resolve this is:
drop all your permissions on MP3::TAG::ID3v1
delete the tagged-0.1 release from Thomas’s author directory, just so there’s no chance someone could pick up the wrong module

Are you happy with this, and if so, are you happy for me to go ahead and do the above?