develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from July 2014

Re: FindBin::libs isn't indexed, Test-BDD-Cucumber needs it to test

From:
Graham Barr
Date:
Re: FindBin::libs isn't indexed, Test-BDD-Cucumber needs it to test
Message ID:
4F2901B0-39DA-4058-AA55-380CABE1D673@pobox.com
This happens because the author is playing tricks for installation.

Notice on http://search.cpan.org/~lembark/FindBin-libs-1.11/ thee are no modules listed, there is only a documentation section.

Browsing to http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/LEMBARK/FindBin-libs-1.11/lib/FindBin/

shows there are 2 module files, but the author specifically hides them from pause with

package         # hak to avoid indexing the extra module
FindBin::libs;

Then in the Makefile.PL they create libs.pm as a link based on the version of perl being installing the module.

so PAUSE never finds any modules, because they are specifically hidden and search.cpan.org finds the documentation in those files.

Graham.