develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from January 2014

Is PAUSE down?

From:
Jimi Wills
Date:
January 10, 2014 06:47
Subject:
Is PAUSE down?
Message ID:
CABUnh0+3tSudsBr_KAOv5g582Unb33DLzN57tD4dtsyKaiRjgQ@mail.gmail.com
I've been trying to connect to pause.perl.org for a few days now, to upload
my updates to packages, and I just get timeouts or something...

two errors:

* Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at pause.perl.org.
* The server at pause.perl.org is taking too long to respond.

I've tried different computers on different networks, and I've tried
changing my dns.  I've also tried a proxy server, which said: "The
requested resource could not be loaded."  I am able to load perl.org, but
not pause.perl.org.  The other day I was able to ping pause, but now I'm
not:

    PING pause.perl.org (207.171.7.119) 56(84) bytes of data.
    From gw-a.develooper.com.solfo.net (199.15.176.195) icmp_seq=3
Destination Host Unreachable

Is anybody else having this problem?  Seems like the server is suffering
from heavy traffic, or an attack.  Is anybody aware of any known issues?
I've searched on google and cannot find anything.

I am probably going to cross-post this message... especially if the issue
continues.
skype:jimiwills
mob: 07932773266
work: 01316507073