develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from April 2020

Re: Is Math-Complex dead?

From:
Shlomi Fish
Date:
April 17, 2020 09:13
Re: Is Math-Complex dead?
Message ID:
20200417115029.2d08a220@telaviv1.shlomifish.org
On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 10:47:35 +0300
Shlomi Fish <shlomif@shlomifish.org> wrote:

> Hi Jim and all!
>
> On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 07:27:16 -0400
> James E Keenan <jkeenan@pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > On 4/14/20 8:10 AM, Peter John Acklam wrote:
> > > The Math-Complex distribution appears to be dead. The latest
> > > release is more than eight(!) years old. The RT queue is growing,
> > > but there doesn't seem to be any active maintenance.
> > >
> > > Upstream for Math-Complex is CPAN, so I contacted both RAM
> > > (Raphael Manfredi) and ZEFRAM, who are the maintainers listed on
> > > https://rt.cpan.org/Dist/Display.html?Name=Math-Complex
> > >
> > > RAM replied and said he is no longer active. ZEFRAM, who is the
> > > one listed in Porting/Maintainers.pl, has not replied to the
> > > e-mail I sent more than a month ago.
> > >
> > > Is there any hope of further maintenance and bug fixing?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Peter / PJACKLAM on CPAN
> >
> > Our alternatives would be:
> >
> > 1.  Go through the CPAN procedures for seeking a new upstream
> > maintainer.  Have that person(s) (presumably someone who knows about
> > complex numbers) go through the bug queue and do a new CPAN release,
> > which then gets merged into blead.
> >

> I am willing to adopt Math::Complex assuming nobody more suitable will also
> volunteer. I studied complex numbers back in high school and later on for my
> B.Sc in Elec Eng.
>
> I am "SHLOMIF" on PAUSE.

Note that I set up a maintenance branch here:

https://github.com/shlomif/Math-Complex/tree/shlomif-maint-branch

I applied some fixes for RT tickets.

Feel free to fork or contribute.

--

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
https://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/Can-I-SCO-Now/ - “Can I SCO Now?”

There is no IGLU Cabal! Home‐made Cabals eventually superseded the power and
influence of the original IGLU Cabal, which was considered a cutting edge
development at its time.