develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from March 2020

Re: bug fix for absent author of

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
March 21, 2020 20:20
Re: bug fix for absent author of
Message ID:
63171127-7F61-4FC4-91AE-64038102634C@bowers.com
Hi L,

> I was trying to use something that had Text::Quote as a dependency.
> It has a bug in its test involving a string compare on floating
> point values (for 2/3) that generates different output on machines
> with different # bits for floating point.
>
> The bug was filed 6 years ago and is still in New state.
>
> Attached is a patch and .zip which seems to fix the problem.
>
> Maintainers: NEILB, YVES
>
> How would this replace the current module+test?

A good approach is to reply on RT, and include your patch in RT.

I’m pretty sure the person who most recently released it has a github repo, so you could also consider going the extra mile and doing a pull request. But probably best be patient, as like most of the world, he probably has other concerns right now.

Maybe if he’s done nothing in a week or two, email him a nudge?

Cheers,
Neil