develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from January 2020

TimeDate and indexing permissions

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
January 16, 2020 23:05
Subject:
TimeDate and indexing permissions
Message ID:
4b510051-9bcf-4092-8b10-438f3eeecc3a@Spark
A number of people volunteered to take on TimeDate and address the breakage. Thank you to all who did.

Given this distribution is fairly far up the CPAN River (more than 8700 other CPAN distributions ultimately dependent on it), the PAUSE admins had a discussion on who was the best candidate, in terms of CPAN experience, the support they have, etc.

As a result we selected Nicolas R (ATOOMIC). I have transferred first-come indexing permission on all packages in the distribution to ATOOMIC. Graham retains co-maint.

This also points out that we could do with some kind of monitoring system, to spots sudden changes in CPAN test results (without a new release). In this case lots of people noticed that things started failing, but earlier warning in the right place would be useful.

Thanks also to Graham for being happy to pass this on, and his work in getting it to this point.

Neil