develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from January 2020

Re: What to do about the fact that installinghttps://metacpan.org/release/TimeDate became broken after 1 Jan 2020 ?

From:
Shlomi Fish
Date:
January 10, 2020 22:09
Re: What to do about the fact that installinghttps://metacpan.org/release/TimeDate became broken after 1 Jan 2020 ?
Message ID:
20200111000949.1ec54005@telaviv1.shlomifish.org
Hi Ryan,

sorry for the late reply.

On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 14:39:51 -0600
Ryan Thompson <i@ry.ca> wrote:

> On 2020-01-08 6:26 a.m., Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 05:09:18 -0600
> > Ryan Thompson <i@ry.ca> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello all,
> >>
> >> If no one else wants to, I'm willing to take over TimeDate and stay on
> >> top of the issues going forward.
> >>
> >> I also have some extra bandwidth right now to get another release out
> >> ASAP. I've tested the patch from RT and it does seem to do the trick.
> >>
> >> - Ryan <rjt@cpan.org>
> >>
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I am perfectly fine with Ryan here getting ownership on TimeDate instead of
> > me (or in addition).
> >
> > Thanks Ryan for volunteering as well.
>
> I just want to help if I can. Since you took the initiative to bring
> this issue to light, please don't let me interfere if you would prefer
> to have first-come, here.

No problem either way.

> > P.S: Ryan, note that http://ry.ca/ (= your home site) gives me a 403
> > forbidden. can you fix it?
>
> Sorry about that. I'm retiring an old server, so DNS for ry.ca (not
> www.ry.ca) was temporarily wrong. Changes should be propagated by now.

Thanks! It seems to be working fine now here.

--

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
https://github.com/shlomif/validate-your-html - Validate Your HTML

Learn from mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all
yourself.         — Source unknown via Nadav Har’El