develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from May 2019

Re: Request for permissions on indirect.pm

From:
vpit
Date:
May 31, 2019 04:05
Re: Request for permissions on indirect.pm
Message ID:
d8205c80-51f6-1218-aaa9-9b3a6e97e2ce@cpan.org

Le 28/05/2019 à 03:40, Ryan Voots a écrit :
> Adding in CC's to vpit.
>
> On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 6:29 PM Ryan Voots <simcop2387@simcop2387.info
> <mailto:simcop2387@simcop2387.info>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I've built a fix for RT #127118 on indirect.pm <http://indirect.pm>,
>     but it would appear that VPIT is MIA.  I've not found a way to
>     contact him anymore and his website is now being squatted on by
>     ads.  I believe that his cpan email address is being black-holed at
>     his old domain.
>
>     This fixes a bug with threaded perls (I believe it exists in all
>     threaded perls, but the test failure only happens with -DDEBUGGING)
>     and indirect.pm <http://indirect.pm> so I'd like to be able to make
>     a release of it, as strictures and a few other large modules depend
>     on this.
>
>     Ryan Voots
>
>     https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=127118

How come not answering for two days qualify as "being MIA"?  Don't you
have real work besides your free software contributions?  I do, and it
always takes priority, especially for such a minor "issue" as the one
you're referring to (indirect is no more broken that it was with 5.28).

I decline your request for perms.  I'll publish a new release when I
have some time.

The Perl community sure knows how to reward contributors that spent
countless hours of free work with these kinds of gems.  Such a shame...

Vincent Pit