develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from May 2019

Re: Request for permissions on indirect.pm

From:
vpit
Date:
May 31, 2019 04:05
Re: Request for permissions on indirect.pm
Message ID:
bac78181-1816-12b4-b9ed-c6560544ce76@cpan.org

Le 29/05/2019 à 00:54, Ryan Voots a écrit :
> Thank you for responding, That is completely fine.
>
> I had started this as I had heard from other community members that you
> had no longer been contactable.  Your domain and email no longer being
> valid supported this to me.
> That's why we have this process to announce to the broader community who
> may have be able to contact the author before anything like a take over
> will happen.
>
> Ryan Voots

You clearly weren't thorough enough in your researches.  I'm connected
with many Perl people on social networks, and some French mongers even
have my phone number.  You saw me talking in the #perl channel on
irc.perl.org not later than last Tuesday.  On the top of that, you
started the takeover process *2 days* after sending your bug report.
You should at very least least have asked #p5p and/or #perlfr.

Let's hope you'll understand that from my point of view this behaviour
is quite unacceptable.

Vincent Pit