develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from April 2019

Re: [RFC] File::TVShow::Parse

From:
John M. Gamble
Date:
April 16, 2019 21:09
Re: [RFC] File::TVShow::Parse
Message ID:
25c649f9fdb2314902335acb6eec55e6.squirrel@webmail.ripco.com
I'm already on record on not supporting anything older than 5.10.1*. But
the reason I mentioned the META.* files is because I would think (well,
hope) that that in itself should be enough to prevent older Perls from
even looking at the package**.

Therefore, if the package isn't ever downloaded by these older Perls, the
'use' statement can use the all-integer format without problem. In theory.

     -john

---
* In two or three years I'll be changing that to 5.16.1.

** People who deliberately override that restriction aren't part of this
conversation.