develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from March 2019

Re: [RFC] File::TVShow::Parse

From:
John M. Gamble
Date:
March 16, 2019 19:16
Re: [RFC] File::TVShow::Parse
Message ID:
85a58d02f8b29c7fbe6d2665bd0600e5.squirrel@webmail.ripco.com
I would tend toward Info myself. The existence of Video::Info is
irrelevant except for highlighting that Info is a valid choice. But I also
admit that's just me, and I tend to view Parse in a language context.

Don't bother trying to support Perl versions less that 5.10. Last I
checked the (admittedly unscientific) surveys, 5.10 was the lowest version
that had a sizeable usage percentage, and on a personal level, I just
don't want to support Perls with flawed security.

My current modules either have a minimum required versions of 5.10.1, or
5.16.1, depending on whether I might have to deal with Unicode. I've never
had a complaint (I don't write pragmas or system-oriented code, so it's
never been anything I've need to worry about).

     -john