develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from March 2019

[RFC] File::TVShow::Parse

From:
Adam Spann
Date:
March 15, 2019 03:57
Subject:
[RFC] File::TVShow::Parse
Message ID:
CAFcBQ_av=yXqKNyaYCmjgfXj=4==81M7N7baCodvVi4M8orkFg@mail.gmail.com
Hello Everyone,

I am considering a module to supplement Video::Filename written by
Behan Webster. I have tried reaching out to him in the past couple of
weeks. Submitting a patch to provide support for show
name.yyyy.mm.dd.ext

In the mean time I have been considering if a specific module for TV
Shows only might also be worth while, of course with additional
features and support.

See attached podtotext file.

I have a few questions.

1)
Would it be better to go with Parse, Meta, or Info since we are
attempting to get meta data from from the file naming. There is
already a Video::Info which does the deep dive into the file contents
from what I have read. I have not used the module itself.

2)
Should I keep support for perl below version 5.10 as versions below
this do not support named groups in regex. I have seen on PerlMonks
that there are still questions being asked by people using perl
versions less than 5.10

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best,
Adam Spann