develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from March 2019

[naming] To pragma or not to pragma?

From:
Konstantin S. Uvarin
Date:
March 2, 2019 06:00
Subject:
[naming] To pragma or not to pragma?
Message ID:
CAJj2qWn=_UKnAM07kOAurhZ_VdyGQQ3YjW9d7sDCPfTpNjmm+w@mail.gmail.com
Hello,

  I'd like to release a module that lazy-loads other modules to reduce
startup time.

  My initial idea was `lazy` but that was taken, so I switched to
`on::demand`. There's also `autouse` with similar functionality.

  However, on second thought I'm not even sure if a lowercase name fits in
here. It's certainly not as effectful as `namespace::clean` or `strict`.

  So the question is, what are the guidelines for deeming a module to be
worth called a pragma?

--
Konstantin S. Uvarin
jabber: see <from>