develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from February 2019

Re: [RFC] Video::File::TVShow::Import

From:
Yanick Champoux
Date:
February 24, 2019 15:29
Re: [RFC] Video::File::TVShow::Import
Message ID:
3222423a-ac24-1a41-fbf8-32102d7a11b6@babyl.dyndns.org
On 2019-02-23 08:59 AM, Adam Spann wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I wrote a programme a while back and decided to make a module out of the
> core elements.
>
> I am not sure if there is much of a need for such a thing but I am
> looking for some feedback.

I'd say there is indeed a need for such a thing. It's maybe not going to
become a system critical part of a NASA project, but just by reading the
description I immediately thought this could make my raspberry pie
library just one tad easier to tidy up. :-)

> I am not sure if the module name is that suitable. Though I think
> Video::File::TVShow is a good start.

It is!

Thinking a little about it, I would perhaps counter-propose
File::Video::TVShow, as the core functionality of the module has to do
with sorting files, which happens to be video files.

Hmm... File::TVShow::Organize might even be more specific?

> The module code can be found here:
> https://github.com/Bas-Man/Video-File-TVShow-Import

I'll be looking at the github page and leave you comments there if I
have any.

Thanks for the module!
`/anick