develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from January 2019

Module naming advice, please.

From:
Rory McKinley
Date:
January 23, 2019 15:16
Subject:
Module naming advice, please.
Message ID:
CAF_CzicG02UQvsbUFA2yYDotrhHBAwTWU7HH_Aa83kjbc2y05Q@mail.gmail.com
Hello

I am developing a hosted application called Spoor. I would like to build a
Perl client module for this application that will (amongst other things)
interact with the Spoor Api.

My current inclination is to call the module Spoor::Client, but that will
mean that I will be creating a new top-level name which I know is
discouraged. Is there a suitable top-level name that I could host my client
under, or would grabbing the Spoor name be ok under these circumstances?

Thanks in advance

Rory

--
Rory McKinley