develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from November 2018

Re: tools and work flows for developing collections of distributions

From:
David Christensen
Date:
Re: tools and work flows for developing collections of distributions
Message ID:
06039555-a643-3298-0a2b-d553478c4469@holgerdanske.com
On 11/21/18 9:20 AM, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> Hi David,

Hi, Shlomi! :-)

> On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 17:25:47 -0800
> David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:
>
>> module-authors:
>>
>> I use h2xs, ExtUtils::MakeMaker, and make(1) on Unix-like platforms for
>> developing modules and collecting them together into a distribution.
>>

> Please see:
>
> * https://perl-begin.org/topics/cpan/

These seem to be the most relevant links:

* RFC: How to Release Modules on CPAN in 2011

     https://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=879515

* CPAN For Private Code

     https://www.slideshare.net/thaljef/cpan-for-private-code

Perhaps my question could be rephrased as "I am looking for development
and build systems for Bundles and Tasks".

> * https://metacpan.org/pod/Dist::Zilla::Plugin::TaskWeaver

Searching for your distributions on MetaCPAN:

     https://metacpan.org/search?size=20&q=author%3Ashlomif

Produces 137 results.  My needs are nowhere near that scale.

Looking through:

     https://github.com/shlomif/Task-BeLike-SHLOMIF

I see:

https://github.com/shlomif/Task-BeLike-SHLOMIF/blob/master/Task-BeLike-SHLOMIF/weaver.ini

I sense a non-trivial learning curve.

I am looking for the most lightweight tools and processes I can find for
developing collections of distributions on a small scale.  The closer
they are to h2xs, ExtUtils::MakeMaker, and make(1), the better.

David