develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from November 2018

Re: tools and work flows for developing collections of distributions

From:
David Cantrell
Date:
Re: tools and work flows for developing collections of distributions
Message ID:
20181121101549.GA9430@bytemark.barnyard.co.uk
On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 05:25:47PM -0800, David Christensen wrote:

> p.s. Where can I find documentation that explains Bundles and how to
> create them?

https://metacpan.org/pod/CPAN#Bundles

However, they're a bit magical and require special support in the CPAN
client. These days people tend to just create Task-whatever
distributions, which contain a bit of documentation in Task::whatever
for the benefit of metacpan users, and the usual Makefile.PL to declare
dependencies.

--
David Cantrell | semi-evolved ape-thing

Are you feeling bored? depressed? slowed down?  Evil Scientists may
be manipulating the speed of light in your vicinity.  Buy our patented
instructional video to find out how, and maybe YOU can stop THEM