develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from November 2018

Re: Module naming - exposing Win API function ShellExecute

From:
Chase Whitener
Date:
Re: Module naming - exposing Win API function ShellExecute
Message ID:
CALoNeLtcQhxQZfWv1Sw4yvZsG+hm3LovPx7tg+uTStD7J1xEOw@mail.gmail.com
Hi Timothy,

I just wanted to point out that there is some prior work in the realm of a
thing or two you mentioned in other modules:

Shell quoting:
As you mentioned, it's a big deal. Haarg has done quite a bit of work to
make this as complete as possible:
https://metacpan.org/pod/Win32::ShellQuote

CreateProcess:
I might be off base, but maybe https://metacpan.org/pod/Win32::Daemon can
help here.

Outside of that, I'd likely continue in the vein of Win32::Foo for naming
conventions.

Thanks,
Chase