develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from November 2018

Re: Perl 5.26 and the . in INC issue where modules won't install

From:
Alex Muntada
Date:
Re: Perl 5.26 and the . in INC issue where modules won't install
Message ID:
20181101233914.443hzmq57pbdjysf@xps
Hi Karen,

> You can also install locally patched modules with carton by
> specifying a 'file:///' path in cpanfile:
>
>     requires 'Foo::Bar', '0.123', url =>
> 'file:///local/path/Foo-Bar-0.123.tar.gz';

I tried this with latest Carton (v1.0.28) and it didn't work.
Since I couldn't find any reference to an url attribute in
Module::CPANfile, I'm wondering whether I'm missing something
because this looks like a very nice feature.

Can you provide some details or pointers on how it works?

Thanks!
Alex