develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from November 2018

Re: Perl 5.26 and the . in INC issue where modules won't install

From:
Diab Jerius
Date:
Re: Perl 5.26 and the . in INC issue where modules won't install
Message ID:
CADpyd5Aw35=Fcoxp3a4-fBs1XOOwo6xXd+aTWhJT+eC33_cF8A@mail.gmail.com
One of the (few?) benefits of using cpan over cpanm is that you can use the
distroprefs [1] functionality to automatically apply local patches when
installing from CPAN.  Mixing cpan and cpanm makes for an awkward workflow,
but I don't know of a cpanm equivalent.

[1]
http://perldoc.perl.org/CPAN.html#Configuration-for-individual-distributions-(_Distroprefs_)