develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from November 2018

Re: Perl 5.26 and the . in INC issue where modules won't install

From:
Martin J. Evans
Date:
Re: Perl 5.26 and the . in INC issue where modules won't install
Message ID:
4f77660a-c45d-4977-4f72-63fcf39bef98@easysoft.com

Yes, thanks. However, I did not name all of my problems and only one of them was @INC issue. The other problem is modules which won't build for other reasons that need patches not applied e.g. WWW::Curl.

> You can also install locally patched modules with carton by specifying a 'file:///' path in cpanfile:
>
>     requires 'Foo::Bar', '0.123', url => 'file:///local/path/Foo-Bar-0.123.tar.gz';

This is will do nicely for all my issues. Thank you. I was only aware of dist/url.

Martin