develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from September 2018

Re: Splitting a CPAN distribution in two

From:
Shlomi Fish
Date:
September 8, 2018 08:38
Re: Splitting a CPAN distribution in two
Message ID:
20180908113830.78be1395@telaviv1.shlomifish.org
On Sat, 8 Sep 2018 04:42:15 +0300
"Konstantin S. Uvarin" <khedin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find anything... How
> do I split my CPAN distro in two?
>
> Say I have modules Foo::Core and Foo::Plugin in the same distribution, Foo.
> Over time, features accumulate and the plugin now has extra dependencies
> unneeded by most core users.
>
> How do I make plugin a separate distribution? Just publish it as
> Foo::Plugin with a version greater than that of Foo?

That should work.