develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from May 2017

Module Naming: a Path::Iter::Rule subclass which scans FTP sites

From:
Diab Jerius
Date:
May 4, 2017 14:09
Module Naming: a Path::Iter::Rule subclass which scans FTP sites
Message ID:
CADpyd5A2DReV8AKoGrw5csK9nwKNsQNGJakQNF+aSsT86J8XYA@mail.gmail.com
Howdy,

I've developed a module which subclasses Path::Iter::Rule and uses Net::FTP
to scan FTP sites [1].  I'm stuck on naming it.

* Net::FTP::Rule (the current working name)
is just plain opaque.

* Path::Iter::Rule::FTP
seems backwards. FTP should be up front.  On the other hand, maybe PIR will
one day have a plugin system and will automatically choose a backend based
on the input path.  That would be cool!

* Path::FTP::Iter::Rule
I think FTP should be up front

* Net::FTP::Path::Iter::Rule
is really long, but has all of the key elements in it.

* Net::FTP::Iter::Rule
doesn't imply anything about a path, so I'm not sure what it does.

​​​Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Diab

[1]