develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from November 2016

Re: Suggestions about new perl module name

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
Re: Suggestions about new perl module name
Message ID:
B1D4E329-8EF3-4D28-B60A-F0E446D892BB@cogendo.com
Hi Pavel,

> I made some bots for Telegram and decided to arrange common codebase into module.
> I called my project 'perlgram'.
> Here it's https://github.com/pavelsr/perlgram <https://github.com/pavelsr/perlgram>
> And this is example of bot based on module https://github.com/FabLab61/dt_bot <https://github.com/FabLab61/dt_bot>
>
> What do you think, which package name would be better for publishing it at CPAN ?
> Is it ok to publish module under Perlgram name, like FindBin ? Or should I add top-level hierarchy like WWW:: or Bot:: or API:: ?

In addition to Ron’s suggestion, the module-authors mailing list (copied on this email) is a better place to ask for advice like this.

And while I’m here, better then a Perlgram toplevel namespace, you could go with a toplevel of Telegram::BotKit, or something like that, with your distribution then being called Telegram-BotKit (note that the distribution name needs to match the top-level module name). Then all modules in your distribution would be inside the Telegram::BotKit::* namespace.

Cheers,
Neil