develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from October 2016

Sanity checking for namespace and other abuses

From:
David Mertens
Date:
October 26, 2016 14:32
Subject:
Sanity checking for namespace and other abuses
Message ID:
CA+4ieYVeX5rd9gLkHzfZAYKWawjtSPHnYPDQa8dQxxHZrUD_Tw@mail.gmail.com
Hello everyone,

I am writing a keyword hook, C::Blocks. I have realized that my hook could
be made more powerful if I could indicate optional type information for
variables.

Question 1: Perl has support for declaring a variable's type, but it is
intended to be used with the fields pragma. I get the impression that this
is rarely used and I want to use it for something entirely different. Can
anybody see a problem with this?

Question 2: I want to keep the class names for the type system relatively
short. Can anyone think of problems for names such as:

 C::double_t
 C::int_t
 C::IV_t

etc?