develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from November 2013

How to add your avatar to Google search results involving CPAN modules

From:
Gabor Szabo
Date:
November 18, 2013 09:25
Subject:
How to add your avatar to Google search results involving CPAN modules
Message ID:
CABe4FJC_XCo_f+cVyf+LKH0=ApeQhPqUM_RnN5gjf9n_bECUYQ@mail.gmail.com
Hi,

I am sure you saw that some search results on Google have little avatars
next to them showing the face of the author.
It is done by a little configuration both on the web site of the search result
and on Google+.

In this article I explain how you can get your avatar to Google search results
involving your CPAN contribution:

http://szabgab.com/claiming-your-cpan-authorship-at-google.html

I hope many CPAN authors will implement this (if you already have a G+
account it takes less than reading this e-mail) as I believe this can
drive more people searching on Google to better results on MetaCPAN.

    Gabor