develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from December 2011

Re: Naming of Perl module

From:
Bill Ward
Date:
Re: Naming of Perl module
Message ID:
CAKGT8WpVdrDe1pbRPZ4MvF=T1NwphZPXga0-aMjpmUavkh5cDg@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 7:24 AM, Smylers <Smylers@stripey.com> wrote:

> Bill Ward writes:

> > > I think having ::Find:: in there would be better, so that it's
> > > immediately obvious that this module performs a similar task to the
> > > other modules already named like that.
> > >
> > > File::Find::Regexp, perhaps?
> >
> > I like that, but that implies that its interface is similar to
> > File::Find.
>
> Not really. File::Find::Rule doesn't have a similar interface to
> File::Find, for instance.

Maybe so, but I think that will be a potential user's first assumption.

--
Check out my LEGO blog at http://www.brickpile.com
Follow/friend me: facebook.com/billward • flickr.com/photos/billward •