develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from December 2011

Re: Module naming: postifx/dovecot/MySQL configuration

From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
Re: Module naming: postifx/dovecot/MySQL configuration
Message ID:
20111213194744.GD2818@klangraum.plasmasturm.org
Hi Avi,

* Avi Greenbury <lists@avi.co> [2011-12-13 14:10]:
> To me, this obviously belongs somewhere in the Mail namespace, but I'm
> not really sure where it should go in that. I'm tempted to rename it
> to Mail::Postfixadmin, but I don't want to give the impression that
> it's somehow endorsed by that project.

neither is Mail::vpopmail.

https://metacpan.org/module/Mail::vpopmail#AUTHOR
http://vpopmail.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/vpopmail/trunk/doc/AUTHORS?view=markup

It’s the exception rather than the norm that a module on CPAN which
interfaces with XYZ is written by the XYZ project/owners themselves.

I’d argue for this name.

> It's currently called Mail::Vpostmail (since originally it was to be
> a postfix clone of the Vpopmail utilities and it must have seemed like
> a reasonable pun at the time).

It made me think your module is about sending mail in some way… esp. so
since you had just mentioned vpopmail.

Regards,