develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from December 2011

Naming of Perl module

From:
lloyd
Date:
December 13, 2011 11:15
Subject:
Naming of Perl module
Message ID:
20111213162137.GA14963@singletasker.co.uk
Hi there,

I'm close to completing a module, but I'm pretty clueless on what to call it.

The purpose of the module is to find files which match a regular expression. The module currently only has one subroutine which takes two parameters, base_directory and expression. The subroutine traverses all subdirectories of the base directory and returns a hash when it's completed.

Each key of the returned hash is the absolute path of the directory, and the value(s) associated with the key are the files which were found matching the regular expression within that directory, the hash only returns a directory if there are files which matched the given regex found within that directory.

I've had a couple of ideas such as File::Snap (based on a card game I used to play as a child), but I'm not sure if it's very suitable. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Lloyd.