develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from December 2011

Module naming: postifx/dovecot/MySQL configuration

From:
Avi Greenbury
Date:
Module naming: postifx/dovecot/MySQL configuration
Message ID:
20111213130632.1f60cd70@amazing
Hi,

I've been working on a module which basically makes it easy to write
command-line tools for interacting with a postfixadmin[0] installation,
that is a Postfix/Dovecot mail server with virtual domains/users stored
in MySQL. I'd like to upload it to the CPAN, and I'm after some advice
on what to call it first.

The closest I can find on the CPAN is VUser::Email::Postfix which is
part of VUser.

There's also Mail::Vpopmail which is exactly the same in purpose, but
for Vpopmail rather than postfixadmin.

To me, this obviously belongs somewhere in the Mail namespace, but I'm
not really sure where it should go in that. I'm tempted to rename it to
Mail::Postfixadmin, but I don't want to give the impression that it's
somehow endorsed by that project.

It's currently called Mail::Vpostmail (since originally it was to be a
postfix clone of the Vpopmail utilities and it must have seemed like a
reasonable pun at the time).

I've got a bunch of work to do on it over Christmas, and I figure that
that's also as good a time as any to rename it in preparation for making
it more public and check everything still works.

Thanks!

--
Avi

[0] http://sourceforge.net/projects/postfixadmin/