develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from December 2011

Re: The CPAN Morass

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
Re: The CPAN Morass
Message ID:
20111206103602.GP23881@plum.flirble.org
On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 04:55:23PM -0800, Linda W wrote:

>     I have tried to get a hold of icc, you had to be a famous developer
> or pay money -- I wanted to try it because it was said to do a much
> better job of optimizing than the gnu compiler...

I was meaning this "Non-Commercial Software Development", which still seems to
be available:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/non-commercial-software-development/

It's limited to "My use of software products is for personal non-commercial
purposes." which I think actually excludes me, based on my current situation.

Nicholas Clark