Re: The CPAN Covenant

From:
David Cantrell
Date:
Re: The CPAN Covenant
Message ID:
20111129131928.GF14198@bytemark.barnyard.co.uk
On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 07:20:22AM -0500, Lincoln A Baxter wrote:

> Or, here is another idea (which I have not seen broached), that could be
> completely automated fairly easily:  Mark those modules as unsupported
> and open to co-maintainer assignment

This already exists.  Go to:
  https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=share_perms

and select "Give up primary maintainership status without transfering it".

>                                                    This could be used to
> grease the assignment of co-maintainer status, and in CPAN search
> filters.

AFAIK all the various CPAN searchy things base their results on:
  * POD text;
  * the index files generated by PAUSE

I don't think that there is any public index of which distributions or
modules have been put "up for grabs" by their maintainers - or indeed
any public index at all of who is a maint or co-maint on stuff.

--
David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice

You may now start misinterpreting what I just
wrote, and attacking that misinterpretation.