Re: The CPAN Covenant

From:
David Cantrell
Date:
Re: The CPAN Covenant
Message ID:
20111124163000.GB21668@bytemark.barnyard.co.uk
On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 08:09:35AM -0800, Linda W wrote:

> Don't have to touch their code,... but if we want CPAN to be able to
> be relied upon.. it's can't have unaddressed bugs for months (let alone a
> year or more)...

I promise to address bug reports quickly if you make them more important
than everything else in my life.  You can do that by paying me.  If you
don't pay me, then you are admitting that me settling down for the
evening with a beer and a good book is more important *to you* than me
fixing the bug or accepting your patch.

I know that you believe you understand what you think you wrote, but
I'm not sure you realize that what you wrote is not what you meant.