Re: The module authors pledge

From:
yanick
Date:
Re: The module authors pledge
Message ID:
20111111184502.GA13944@gilgamesh.babyl.dyndns.org
On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 11:53:15AM -0500, Olaf Alders wrote:
> Gitpan is no longer actively maintained AFAIK. See the issues list for how to revive it.

	And that's my cue to point out that while Gitpan isn't updated,
you can still use Git::CPAN::Patch, the module Gitpan is using under
the hood.

	# create git repo seeded with the module's CPAN latest version
	$ git cpan-init Foo::Bar

	# create git repo seeded with the full BackPAN history of the
	# module
	$ git backpan-init Foo::Bar

And, yes, one of the requested new feature for G:C:P is to be able to grok
a distribution's META.yml and clone its clone repo if it already exist.
It's something I'll work on as soon as I have some tuits. :-)

Joy,
`/anick