Re: The module authors pledge

From:
John M. Gamble
Date:
Re: The module authors pledge
Message ID:
4EBD3D42.6020301@ripco.com
On 11/10/2011 9:33 PM, David Nicol wrote:
> I think this is not necessary at all.  I think you have pretty much
> described the current standards for granting takeover. I think the
> barrier to making local forks is already very low and there is no
> reason to switch the whole thing to Git.

Yeah, that was my impression as well. I've observed take-overs here, and
they pretty much are exactly the same procedure -- "Hey, is John
Doe-Smith still working on his modules? No? The can you grant
co-maintenance to Jane Roe-Jones?" (Granted with more-back-and-forth
than that, but it still isn't new.)

Really, the only thing that could help with the current situation is a
direct contact number, and I don't see that happening.

(For what it's worth, having gone through a similar situation when my
mother passed away recently, I'm setting up a list of accounts to be
mailed if I get hit by a bus for my brother and sister, but that's about
the only change I'm making right now.)

> I think CPAN is fine as it is.

Oh, I can think of some changes. But they're not relevant to the
discussion here.

     -john