Re: The module authors pledge

From:
David Nicol
Date:
Re: The module authors pledge
Message ID:
CAFwScO-+OvZpa6VrQHGhiG_Nb54BcsMiLhcqaC0bfV9G-789Ng@mail.gmail.com
> To make life easier for the perl modules cabal, how about a voluntary
>> pledge[*], which module authors can take publically, and in particular
>> can take to modules@perl.org. I'll be emailing the following to
>> modules@perl.org:

No.
The license chaos is enough as it now is.

>>    I hereby give modules@perl.org permission to grant co-maintainership
>>    to any of my modules, if the following conditions are met:
>>
>>    (1) I haven't released the module for a year or more

Complete modules don't get re-released, so this condition cannot be
sufficient on its own ... oh, that doesn't say "any of the..." does it.
Sorry.

>    (2) There are outstanding issues on RT which need addressing
>>    (3) Email to my CPAN email address hasn't been answered after a month
>>    (4) The requester wants to make worthwhile changes that will benefit
>> CPAN
>>
>> So, what do y'all think?

I think this is not necessary at all.  I think you have pretty much
described the current standards for granting takeover. I think the barrier
to making local forks is already very low and there is no reason to switch
the whole thing to Git.

I think CPAN is fine as it is.

--
"One only understands the things that one tames" -- the fox