Re: The module authors pledge

From:
Olaf Alders
Date:
Re: The module authors pledge
Message ID:
457E752B-0777-445C-844D-EE7F82E4B7CD@wundersolutions.com

On 2011-11-10, at 5:36 AM, Neil Bowers wrote:

> Shmuel wrote:
>> I am against the 'if I die' part. As we are all communication over the net, it is very difficult to know why a person have stopped responding.
>> And it make the statement a bit scary.
>
> And Raphael wrote:
>> The real problem with 'if I die' is that there is no way of knowing: the
>> only indication one gets is that mail is not being answered, this clause
>> is therefore pointless.
>
> Having had to deal with this issue for a friend, I'm going to try and put in place mechanisms
> so that when my time comes, notifications for stuff like this will happen.

It's not something I had even considered until I happened to take over maintenance of a module whose original author had passed away.  So, I can see how it is useful and I would have no issues with including this in my pledge.

Olaf
--
Olaf Alders
olaf@wundersolutions.com

http://www.wundersolutions.com
http://twitter.com/wundercounter

866 503 2204 (Toll free - North America)
416 944 8306 (direct)