Re: The module authors pledge

From:
David Cantrell
Date:
Re: The module authors pledge
Message ID:
20111111004818.GA9638@bytemark.barnyard.co.uk
On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:41:23PM +0000, Neil Bowers wrote:
> >>    I hereby give modules@perl.org permission to grant co-maintainership
> >>    to any of my modules, if the following conditions are met:
> >>
> >>    (1) I haven't released the module for a year or more
> >>    (2) There are outstanding issues on RT which need addressing
> >>    (3) Email to my CPAN email address hasn't been answered after a month
> >>    (4) The requester wants to make worthwhile changes that will benefit CPAN [...]
> > I think that this isn't really different from what happens now anyway.
> I'm interested to hear what you think would make it different?

(5) you promise to stuff live octopuses down your pants on stage at the
next YAPC.

> In my experience this would be different.

In general, The Gods seem to let people have a co-maintainer bit if the
primary maintainer is incommunicado - such as not responding for a
month.

In Victorian times, when every man wore a beard the size of a yew,
Britain ruled the world. In the early 20th century, when the beard
was trimmed to a moustache, we scraped through two world wars but
lost an empire. Today, when Mach3 Turbo multi-blades are the norm,
our national pride derives largely from beating the Swedes at
Olympic cycling.

Grow a beard.  Your country needs you.