Re: The module authors pledge

From:
Michael Greb
Date:
Re: The module authors pledge
Message ID:
CAA+MAx2Li9EbysSjcqehvC0eF61J2jD+RWGskNBE0gAMLecynQ@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Bill Ward <bill@wards.net> wrote:
> I think the "Should I die" (though I think "in the event of my death" would
> be better) can only really work if a family member replies to the email
> saying that the maintainer has passed away, which isn't too likely but could
> happen. Since those time limits would expire eventually anyway, it's
> probably not necessary except that it speeds up the process---*if* you get
> confirmation of death.

My wife has instructions that various aspects of my online life are
delegated to different people in the event of my passing.  Perl stuff
goes to a coworker on the periphery of the Perl community that would
be able to easily grant permission for maintainer status to be passed
on.

This works easily as we've talked about it and she has access to my
email but it's the sort of thing that many people don't think to have
the discussion about even when preparing wills and other similar
things.