Re: The module authors pledge

From:
Raphael Mankin
Date:
Re: The module authors pledge
Message ID:
1320920520.28121.13.camel@raph
On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 18:50 +0900, Shmuel Fomberg wrote:
> I am against the 'if I die' part. As we are all communication over the
> net, it is very difficult to know why a person have stopped
> responding.
> And it make the statement a bit scary.

The real problem with 'if I die' is that there is no way of knowing: the
only indication one gets is that mail is not being answered, this clause
is therefore pointless. However, having just assumed co-maintainership
of a buggy module, I support the notion - or just make it a condition of
submission to CPAN.

[snip]