Re: The module authors pledge

From:
=?iso-8859-1?Q?=22Burak_G=FCrsoy=22?=
Date:
Re: The module authors pledge
Message ID:
20111110101737.324420@gmx.net

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 16:22:02 +0000
> Von: Neil Bowers <neil@bowers.com>
> An: module-authors@perl.org
> Betreff: The module authors pledge

> One of the problems I see with CPAN is that there are many modules
> which have been left unattended. Many of these have outstanding bugs,
> and a good number have patches and forked versions, some of which you can
> find on RT. You'll also find people offering to take over the
> maintainership

[snip]

Well, there is a good reason with forking modules.
When you push the original author a bit, you can get
an ignorant response [1] Maybe the namespace is so precious
even if the author lost interest.

Or you get no reponse and just want a fixed version anyway.

CPAN: The re-invented and forked Perl wheels repository.

[1]After getting no reponse for a year I spammed the guy on twitter and he replied back: https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=58570
[2] Will fork it when I have the time for testing it a bit, dodn't bother replying to the ticket and just renamed the repo: https://bitbucket.org/burak/cpan-file-tailx