develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from October 2011

Re: Starting a module's history from gitpan

From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
October 12, 2011 14:23
Re: Starting a module's history from gitpan
Message ID:
20111012212309.GG25083@klangraum.plasmasturm.org
* Buddy Burden <barefootcoder@gmail.com> [2011-10-12 22:00]:
> I didn't know if somehow GitHub would consider my repo to be a fork
> forever-more

If you use the fork button in the web interface, it will.

If you really don’t want that, you can avoid it by cloning the GitPAN
repo with git, creating your a new repo on Github, and then switching
the `origin` URL of your clone to your own repo URL and pushing it.

> and that might somehow have negative side-effects.

Nah.

Regards,