develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from October 2011

Math::BigInt inheritance problems

From:
Paul Bennett
Date:
October 9, 2011 07:27
Math::BigInt inheritance problems
Message ID:
op.v2283thoq0lew6@granite.rvs4000
Hi all,

I know this isn't the best place to ask for help with specific coding
help, but I'm bumping up against what appears to be the edges of Perl
normality here, and I figure there's gotta be at least one person reading
this who is better-informed than me about the modules in question.

Ideally, I'm hoping one or more of FLORA, LETO, pjacklam, or TELS is
reading this, or at least someone who can put me in direct contact with
one of them.

I'm looking for people who know about inheriting from Math::BigInt::GMP
and/or Math::BigInt::Pari to help me improve
http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Net-IPAddress-Util -- latest source is
at
http://code.google.com/p/perl-ipaddress-simple/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Flib%2FNet%2FIPAddress

I'm convinced I'm doing something obviously and stupidly wrong, but I
can't for the life of me see the forest for the trees. See also

Thanks,

--
Paul Bennett (PWBENNETT)