develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from January 2010

Re: Comparing hashes

From:
Geoffrey Leach
Date:
January 18, 2010 08:01
Re: Comparing hashes
Message ID:
1263830488.1831.0@mtranch.mtranch.com
Hmmmm ... that bruse on my forehead is getting larger ... :-)

Thanks for the reply. And my appologies for getting confused about my
own code.

So let me restate the problem.

In order to verify the correctness of internal data structures, the
test in question:

is_deeply( Getopt::Auto::_get_spec_ref(),
    \@exspec, 'Spec gets built correctly' );

uses is_deeply() to compare a 'gold' version of the array @exspec with
the constructed instance, obtained by the (internal) function
Getopt::Auto::_get_spec_ref().

This succeeds (so far) on 5.10.x and all but one (so far) 5.8.x. I
thinks there's a success on 5.11.x as well.

What I meant by "having dealt with the problem" was that the problem
exposed by the failing test, namely:

  Failed test 'Spec gets built correctly'
  at t/03-options_text.t line 107.
    Structures begin differing at:
         $got->[0][0] = '--foo'
    $expected->[0][0] = '--tar'

I my testing (5.10.x), when I saw a similar problem, I resolved it
by organizing my 'gold' structure to match the computed version.

Having gotten everything to work for 5.10.x, I was assuming that
failures in 5.6.x had something to do with the internal organiation of
the data structure (hence my reference to "unsupported feature"). The
5.8.1 failure came along later.

Looks like I need to have another look at the generation.

Thanks for the help.