develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from January 2010

Re: Comparing hashes

From:
mackenna
Date:
January 18, 2010 05:16
Re: Comparing hashes
Message ID:
CBD99AF0-4F44-49E5-8FE9-F6D9D10F7B5D@animalhead.com
 From a quick glance at the first error, it involves using
is_deeply to compare arrays of arrays, not hashes.  So
it's not clear "how Perl organizes the hash" gets involved.

You also have a failure on perl 5.8.1 that looks very similar,
so 5.6.2 is less of a suspect.

You need to explain certain aspects of the problem more
completely to allow someone to help you, particularly:

"what's generated at run time: it comes out different"
"dealt with this problem" (what problem?)
"getting it just right" (what's it?)
"using an unsupported feature" (which feature is that?)