develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from January 2010

updating CPAN::Forum

From:
Gabor Szabo
Date:
January 18, 2010 01:43
updating CPAN::Forum
Message ID:
d8a74af11001180143i1b4d9de8m4fbc6fa20857a58e@mail.gmail.com
Hi,

For a long time I have not touched the CPAN::Forum web site but as a
new years resolution I started to work on it again.

So far most of the changes were internal
- switched to new server
- switched to PostgreSQL
- moved to mod_perl
- e-mails are sent in asynchronous mode

All this made the web site a lot faster

Also

- the templating system was switched to Template::Toolkit
- the version control to git
- many tests were added

Some more cleanup and I can start to add features.

I'll have some time in the coming 2-3 months to improve the
forum and provide a much better platform to support the module authors.

So here is the reason I am writing.

I'd like to ask the module authors to
1) Check if there are unanswered questions related to your modules and
try to answer them
2) Let me know what are the features that might help you the most?

You can see all the post regarding all the distributions you uploaded
to CPAN. e.g. for me this is the link: http://cpanforum.com/author/SZABGAB

thanks
   Gabor
   http://cpanforum.com/