develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from January 2010

Comparing hashes

From:
Geoffrey Leach
Date:
January 17, 2010 16:31
Subject:
Comparing hashes
Message ID:
1263774669.2998.3@mtranch.mtranch.com
I'm dealing with an error report from cpantesters for Getopt::Auto.

The problem arrises out of using Test::More::is_deeply to compare a
hash with what's generated at run time: it comes out different.

I've delt with this problem in my own testing, and have spent some time
getting it 'just right'. I suspect the problem arrises out of how Perl
organizes the hash. The version with the problem is perl-5.6.2. Later
versions pass. Given that I'm using an unsupported feature, things may
well come unglued in the future.

So, are there any suggestions? Test::Deep? 'use Perl 5.8.0'?

Thanks.